Last updated May 24, 2018
1. Types of Information We Collect
We collect both "Personal Information" and "Anonymous Information" about our users. Personal Information is information that can be used to contact or identify you, such as your full name, email address, phone number and payment method, as well as information that is linked to such information. Anonymous Information is information that cannot be used to contact or identify you and is not linked to information that can be used to do so. It includes passively collected information about your activities on the Service, such as usage data, to the extent that information is not linked to your Personal Information.
Website visitors can access and browse certain portions of the Website without disclosing Personal Information, although, like most website providers, we passively collect certain information from your devices, such as your IP address, browser information and/or unique device identifier (“UDID”). Please note that you can choose not to provide us with certain information, but this will limit the features of the Service you can access and use.
a. Voluntarily submitted information
We collect information that you provide to us during your use of the Website and/or Service, such as:
- Personal Information that you enter when registering for the Service or ordering products, including your full name, email address and phone number.
- Your communications with us through the Service.
- Information you provide in your Account, to customer support or that you post on the Website.
b. Information collected via technology
- We collect information from your use of the Website and Service, including without limitation, your hardware model, browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) and domain name. If you are using a mobile device, Maison Miru may also receive your UDID, or another unique identifier, and mobile operating system. We may correlate this information with other Personal Information we have about you. We may also use tools such as Cookies (defined below) and Pixels (defined below) to gather information regarding the date and time you used the Service and the information for which you searched and accessed. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your device while you are viewing the website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following web browser help file directions. A “Pixel” is a snippet of code that collects information about your behavior on a website, and then sends the information back to the originating platform to be processed and reported.
- We use third party services, such as Google Analytics (including enhanced link attribution, enhanced ecommerce, support for display advertising and User-ID), Twitter Conversion Tracking, Facebook Pixel, Pinterest Tag and Bing Universal Event Tags, to track and analyze online behavior data of Users, and collect information about Users’ use of the Website, in an anonymized manner. This includes collecting data such as the pages you visited on our Website and whether you made a purchase. In addition, we undertake individual end user tracking and data sharing with third parties for advertising and marketing purposes. The above services help inform, optimize, target and serve ads based your visits to our Website, and associate or “stitch” multiple sessions for which you access content on our Website across different devices and browsers. We do this to better understand how you use the Website and Service, with a view to offering improvements for all Users, and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly. If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, please download and install the browser plugin at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. Users can also opt out of third party interest based advertising by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative’s deactivation website at www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
2. How We Use Your Information
a. Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following representative purposes:
- Register and administer your Account
- Complete your purchase transactions
- Offer customer support
- Send communications and administrative emails
- Personalize and tailor the features, performance and support of the Website and Service
- Send you promotional/marketing information, newsletters, offers or other information from us or on behalf of our sponsors or partners
- Provide you with opportunities and functionality that we think would be of particular interest
- Improve the quality of the Website and Service and perform internal operations, including fraud detection
- Analyze, benchmark and conduct research on user data and interactions with the Service
b. Anonymous Information
We may use Anonymous Information for the following representative purposes:
- Improve the Website and Service and customize the user experience, such as by providing targeted useful features and promotions based on the type of services you seek
- Aggregate the information collected via Cookies and similar technologies to use in statistical analysis to help us track trends, evaluate the effectiveness of our ads and analyze patterns
3. How We Share and Disclose Information
In addition to using the information collected by us for the purposes described in Section 2 above, we may also share your information as described below. Please review our sharing policy closely, especially with respect to your Personal Information. By creating an Account, you agree to allow us to share the Personal Information you provide to us in the ways described below. Your ability to make changes to the information is shared is also described below.
a. Service Providers
b. Compliance with Laws, Law Enforcement and Safety
We may disclose information we have collected about you if required to do so by law or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law), or to protect or defend Maison Miru's, or a third party's, rights or property.
c. Aggregated Anonymous information
Aggregated Anonymous Information is the combination of your Anonymous Information with the Anonymous Information of other users (“Aggregated Anonymous Information”). Aggregated Anonymous Information does not allow you to be identified or contacted. We may share such Aggregated Anonymous Information with third parties, and, depending on the circumstances, we may or may not charge third parties for such information, or limit the third parties' use of the same.
d. Business transactions
4. Your Choices
5. Updating Your Personal Information
You may revise your Personal Information by adjusting your Account settings or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. However, please note that we may be required to maintain certain Personal Information, or to maintain certain Personal Information for a period of time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from our active database, but may remain in our archives. We may retain your information for fraud detection or similar purposes. Note that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot compel the deletion or modification of any such information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
This Website is not directed to or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit, collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our Website is targeted to attract anyone under 13. We also do not send e-mail correspondence to anyone who advises that they are under the age of 13. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years of age we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our systems and delete the Account. If you are the parent or guardian of a child whom you believe has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may delete and remove such information from our system.
7. Security and Data Retention
We will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws. Your consent to such purpose remains valid after termination of our relationship with you.
We encourage users to read and consider the privacy policies of these other websites before using them.
9. California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents have the right to request in writing from businesses with whom they have an established business relationship: (i) a list of the categories of Personal Information, such as name, address, e-mail address, and the type of services provided to that individual, that a business has disclosed to third parties (including affiliates that are separate legal entities) during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. To request the above information, California residents can email us at email@example.com.
10. Contact Us